The Epitome – Still Trill [AltWire Review]
- Posted on July 12, 2019 at 8:15 PM by Ambush Vin
- Old Me featuring Kadesh Flow & VInyl Richie – On this track, The Epitome finds himself reminiscing about his former self, while recognizing how far he has evolved. In the end, he decides that he is a better person and says, “F— the old me!” I also love the jazzy accompaniment at the end of the song.
- and Scott Summers, a lit anthem that lights up the atmospshere, just like its namesake’s optic blasts. Hopefully, this one gets a video!
- BLITZ VEGA Releases New Single – “Lost and Found” [Press Release] - October 21, 2019
- The Epitome – Still Trill [AltWire Review] - July 12, 2019
- NTMF 2019: Northern Touch Music Festival is the Real Deal - July 11, 2019
The Epitome obviously has beef with all of us.
The Kansas City native and frequent Ish1da collaborator, just dropped a Super Spirit Bomb onto the favorite platforms of every music streamer.
I challenge you to listen to Still Trill and disagree.
Disclaimer: Neither myself, nor AltWire, condone the events that took place in Universe 7 during the Kid Buu saga. The destruction that took place, with effects that still linger to this day, is nothing short of a catastrophe…
…just like the remnants of recording studio that The Epitome recorded Still Trill at.
I really hope that it wasn’t a home studio.
All proceeds from the sales of this album will go towards The Epitome Build-A-Home fund.
Meanwhile, as we sleep, and The Epitome starts his home-hunting quest, Still Trill begins by urging us to “Wake Up”.
Wake Up features Ish1da and Canadian emcee Ekaj. It serves as a much-needed wake-up call to those of us who are still 9 to 5’ing it.
Ish1da sums up the feeling of that struggle and his coping method on the hook:
Wake up, wake up can’t take another pay cut/
Lookin like I’m motherf—ing Brock when I be blazed up/
Lookin like the third division captain when I’m paid up/
Wake up, wake up can’t take another paycut
Still Trill is Shakespearean, in the fact that it is a Midsummer Night’s Dream for everyone who is looking for a soundtrack to play, while bending blocks or skirting the main street on the hottest day in recent memory in their hometown.
Still Trill is definitely The Epitome of that classic heat.
Listen to Still Trill here: